Tuesday 15 May 2007

NPS # 3, Carlingford, Co. Wicklow – Sun 13th May 2007

Back to Calringford for NPS # 3, venue for the K Capital Cup # 3 race a few weeks ago. I love this place, mega singletracks and incredible views. The weather turned this week, so there was potential for a slidery course. I swapped my 1.9” WTB tires for 2.3” monsters, just in case.
And WOW, what a choice. The course was different to the KCC#3 race, but still included the main ST to the bottom of the course. The tyres were soooo good, low pressure and mega grip, only 1 dab in the WHOLE race.
I was on great form, started well, dropped all the other Masters straight away, and caught and passed all the Experts (+1 min) by 2/3 way around the 2st lap.
I also caught and passed up to the 2nd Elite, so I was happy with that too! Gordon L was 2nd again, and he takes the overall. Former Elite John Mason was 3rd, just piping the excellent Dave Gill. Dave suffered with an irregular heart beat in the race, and 2nd would have been easy for him if it was not for this, well, next race maybe.
I am 2nd overall in the league now, with a race in hand, so all looks good.

Nice, technical course



Gordon Lucas leads the Master men overall

Report
mtbireland
Images
imbrc

No comments: