Friday 13 July 2007

NPS # 7 (final), Tymon Park, Co. Dublin – Sun 8th July 2007

Well, the first non-shlompy race in a while. Wow, what a course, pancake flat (apart from one hump), but probably 80% singletrack, this race was fast, fast, fast, suited me down to the ground. I got a great start, into the singletrack second behind Team WORC rider Dave Gill. I pulled away from everyone during the race, I really was flying. The course was so good, tight singletrack, slippy corners, real fast.
I took the win easily, catching all the experts (+1) min, and up to 4th in the Elites (+3 mins). I’m very happy with that considering the nature of the course. The win secured the overall win in the NPS, winning 5 out of 5!
We also took part in the Team Relay on the Saturday. Team Rocky Mountain consisted of Myself, Mark and Padzer,. Great fun, and 5th overall was a nice bonus.
Well done to the IMBRC for putting on an excellent show. Dave Barry designed an excellent course, and he promises more for next year, cant wait!
I will be hoping to retain my XC Masters title in the Nationals Champs next weekend. The race is been held in the excellent venue of Tullymore Park in Co. Down.

Report
irishcycling
Images
IMBRC

The tight, flat course provided great racing

IMBRC rider and race director, Dave Barry, took 3rd in the race and 2nd overall (expert category)



Overall Expert winner, Yvain Sogno, is tracked by race winner Philip Roche
Ryan Sherlock took the overall win in the Elite category

No comments: