Friday 3 August 2007

UCI Master World Champs Preview

Preparation is going well for the UCI Master World Champs in Pra-Loup, France. I am really looking forward to this event, as its been a long time since I have raced a world class XCO event. I will be competing in the 35-39 category (I'm only 34, but its the year of my 35th birthday), and I am hoping for a top 20% result.I am traveling with Dave Gill and David King Smith, both very experienced MTB races.

PraLoup is in the Frence Alps, about 2 hours from Nice, and the elevation is at 1600 mtrs, so the weather may be changable!

There will be a few Irish there, so we should also have a good laugh. We are staying on for an extra couple of days to get in some alpine riding, chillout time!

Good luck to ex team mate, Peter Buggle, who is going for the win in the 45 -49 category. Peter has been rinding full time this year in preparation for this race, so things look good!



No comments: