Thursday 13 March 2008

Gran Canaria training/race week – March 2008


Its been a while since my last update. Training going ok throughout Jan/Feb, but getting sick twice did not help things.
Hazo and I are just back from Gran Canaria. A bit of relaxing, a bit of biking, and a bit of racing. I entered the GC marathon, 87km and 3600mtrs of climbing!
I also raced in the crit the night before the marathon. 800mtr track with 2 corners!!! Flat out 100%. Got into the final and got dropped straight away, 7th place I think! Legs were ruined though for the main event!
The Marathon was ok. I was riding pretty poorly, no spark there…..I keep the head down though. A long course from Maspalomas to San Bart/Santa Lucia. No real technical secions, just rough fireroads and a bit of tarmac too. I got lost a couple of times and alos friggin punctured on the final descent. I got 17th place, a long way down. 11th was on without the puncture, and I would have easily came 5thish with normal form/no issues, but dem the breaks.
I missed the 1st K Capital cup for this week off. I have to keep focused now for the remaining K Caps to get a reasonable overall placing. The GB Olympic team were over for rnd # 1, with world class rider Oli just taking the win from Robin, great to see this level of racing in Ireland.



Flat out in the friday night crit


On the way up the vally not far from the start



Riding the canyons in the marathon



The new hardtail got a hammering!

Hazel at the infamous fuel stop!

Results

http://nyx.at/canary/_uploads/_elements/1730_file1.pdf

Photos
http://nyx.at/bikeboard/Board/canary-open-mtb-2008-fotos-ber80645
http://www.sportograf.de/index2.php?section=events&event=268

No comments: