Monday 21 July 2008

NPS # 4, Djouce, Co. Wicklow – Sun 15th June 2008

I was REALLY looking forward to this race. The course was incredible, a twist on TWs K Capital course. Very dry too, this should have suited me down to the ground! After a good start, things started to go downhill! I really suffered throughout the race, I couldn’t climb at all. Robin was there out in front, and Peter stuck to his wheel while I drifted back. Then James passed, then Aidan……..this was not good. I stuck at it though, only to get points for the league and to maintain my 40 race DNF record.
I came in 5th, a good bit back. My worst race in a long time. I had a lot of injuries and other things going on recently, so this all contributed, so it was not that surprising.
5th was still good enough to keep the league, but I will be missing the next round in Tymon, so its all down to the final round!!!

Ohhh, the pain!

Craigs first race in K Cap colours yielded and excellent 2nd in the masters

No comments: