Thursday 29 March 2007

Training Trip to Gran Canaria - 3rd March 2007

Ahhh, the annual pilgrimage to our winter getaway, Gran Canaria, a volcanic island off the coast of Morocco. Leaving Irelands 4 degrees with horizontal rain to be greeted with 27 degrees and wall to wall sunshine, all I need to get motivated for the season ahead.
I rode every day, Saturday to Saturday, most days Niall Quinlan and I drove high into the hills and set out on our 4 hours spin, lots of new incredible singletrack, including Sand people, Altavista, Dos Lolitas, Pico del las Nieves, and, of course, Lord of the rings!
Back to the beech at Puerto Mogan to relax with or wives, it does not get much better than this!
We got back late on Saturday 10th, and I had to collect my new bike from Paddy for the race the next day, very exciting week really!

The islands landmark 'Rogue Nubleo' at 1800m elevation

Niall on Altravista, oh what a track!!!!!

Images
picasaweb

No comments: