Thursday 29 March 2007

K Capital Cup Round 2, Rostrevor, Co. Down - 25th March 2007

I had a good race in the KCC # 2 at the weekend. Great course (a little short @ 4km, 18min/lap for me), savage 1km straight up fireroad climb, followed by incredible single track, another short fireroad climb, lots more singletrack to the finish. Master and experts started together, I got a great start, I lead through on the 1st lap, and was passed on lap 2 by Peter O. I was about 20 seconds back starting the last lap, put in a hugh effort on the descent, attacked on the kicker fireroad, took the lead and the win. I now lead the overall series, and I will be sporting the KCC leaders jersey for the next round!
Niall Davis of IMBRC took the win in the Elites, Robin Seymour came in 4th after a broken chain left him playing catch-up.


I like this image, courtesy of Craig Brady photography. I am in the middle ring here, so its mid race, I big ringed it on the last 2 laps!

Report
cyclingnews

xcracer.com
Images
cyclingnews
mtbleague


No comments: