Wednesday 4 April 2007

K Capital Cup Round 3, Carlingford, Co. Louth – 1st Aprli 2007

Not such a good race this time around. The VERY technical course should have suited me very well, but being less fit and a good bit heavier resulted in me getting bashed around, rather than being light and fast on the bike!
I got a great start, getting the holeshot into the first singletrack. Unfortunately for Damien Mulcrone, he snapped his chain at the end of lap one, putting him out of contention. Towards the end of lap two, I had about 50 seconds on second place, until a gust of wind blew a load of tape into both wheels….I had to stop and pull it all out! Second place Peter O caught sight of me here, and he slowly reeled me in to eventually pass me on the penultimate lap. I could not respond, my kidneys aching from the pounding!
Not a total disaster as I still have the leaders jersey. The last round at the end of April will be a classic, the Casltewellen course is excellent, and it really suits me.
My Team mate, Paddy Daly, took 11th in the Elite race, he suffered a bit, but got the result.
Niall Davis again took the Elite race from Robin Seymour, with young Conor McConvey again taking third.

You can see the tape in my front and rear wheels

Nice View

Report
cyclingnews
kcapitalcup
Images
cycleseen
andy potts

No comments: