Thursday 12 April 2007

Man V Bike - 3 rock, Dublin - 11 April 2007

This is the second year the Man V Bike challenge was held, and another good turnout guaranteed some excellent racing. The race format sets riders and hill runners off together on a very technical course, starting at the foot of the mountain, finishing at the top, with a couple of descents thrown in.
The start was only a short cycle from my home, a good warm up! I singed on, chatted to a few biking buddies, and prepared for the start.
I got a great start, 3rd place starting the 1st climb. Soon I was passed by the first runner, he flew by on the steep, rough descent. I traded places with the top 3 runners throughout the race, until the last descent to the finish, when I passed them all to take 3rd overall.
Niall Davis and Peter Buggle filled the top 2 spots. Well done to all, and the event raised some good monies for charity.

Not far from the finish, I pass the leading runner


Images
event images
Report
manvbike

No comments: