Tuesday 10 April 2007

New Race bike – Vertex 70

The remaining parts from our sponsors arrived this week, so the bike is now 100% complete.
The new Mavic SLR wheels are a stunning piece of jewelry, and very light too! The new WTB UST tyres are mounted to these, good supporting side knobs and a fast centre ridge that should also supply good grip for climbing/braking.
The new WTB saddle is v comfortable and light, my first departure from a flite in 10 years!!!!
The Race Face seatpost, bars and stem are also very good. The seatpost is by far the best I have ever used, very easy to adjust., and the stem has corrected the position issue I had, the extra 10mm makes all the difference.
I am looking forward to racing it in the final round of the Kcapitalcup at the end of april. Meanwhile, I will test the bike out of the fast drying Dublin and Wickow trails……

The new machine.......

No comments: