Wednesday 25 April 2007

K Capital Cup Round 4, Castlewellan, Co. Down - 22th April 2007

WOW, what a race. The course was as good as it gets, tonnes of single track, steep climbs, fast, dusty, the way it is supposed to be.
I entered the final round of the K Capital Cup series with the leaders jersey, and I only need to finish ahead of Damian Mulcroon to take the overall lead. This course was bound to suit me, and I went off hard from the start to enter the singletrack in first place.
I held on to the lead for the rest of the race, and Damien did get close in the early laps, but dropped back at the half way point, only to retire due to tyre problems.
I, however, was in my element! The bike was incredible, all 100% right. This allowed me to really push on the descents, increasing my lead out to 4 minutes to second place by the end of the race.
A great day, a great result, and the overall too. Very happy with that.
Next is the NPS, I am going to skip the first round, but I’ll make the rest. I hope to make the jump to the elite class (again), a lot harder, but it will bring on my form rapidly!
A word of thanks to all the organizers of the K Capital Cup, Robin, Dave, Geoff, Andy, Robbie, etc…..a great series that you should be very proud of.


Mega dust

Nice overall trophy

No comments: