Thursday 8 May 2008

NPS # 1, Ballinstoe, Co. Wicklow – Sun 27th Apr 2008

Straight from the K Capital Cup, into the NPS! No let up these days. My goal for the NPS is a top 3 in the elites, so I need to focus again! The international field of the K Cap was not there, but a couple of the top juniors and a couple of the top masters/vets made the move to the Elites to boost the completion.
A dry bright day greeted us in Ballinstoe, home to the new MTB built trails. The course was VERY fast, almost big ring the whole way, great trials, fast racing. I got a good start, and starting lap 2 I was only a few seconds behind the lead group of Ryan, Peter and super junior Liam. Disaster struck on lap 2 when I twisted my front mech, and a BIG high speed crash on lap 4 nearly ended my race (and my life). But I fought on, pulled back a couple of places and finished a solid 4th.
Very sore after the race, headaches, etc. No good, but a good start to the league. Next week is # 2 so time to recover and relax.

Flyin on the new trails

Ryan took the win. Peter and Liam follow close behind

No comments: