Thursday 8 May 2008

NPS # 2, Carlingford, Co. Louth – Sun 4th May 2008

NPS # 2 already, I need a break! Great weather should have ensured a mega dry race in Carlingford, but rain all the way up turned the 2km flat fireroad into mudcity! The best singletrack in the country held up real well, but I doubt I can beat my 1 dab record from last year.
A few less riders in the elite field meant that I may be able to bag some points. BANG, off we go up the steep tarmac road start, onto that flat fireroad, and I am sitting on Ryan and Peters wheels, MEGA mud splash. I big sprint for the singletrack and Peter showhorns himself in before Ryan and me. Peter gets about 20secs here as I sit on Ryan dabbing away. Up the long fireroad I sit on Ryan, and jump him into the 1st singletrack on the 2nd lap. This is the last I see of Ryan as he flats out of the race, pity. I try to catch Peter over the next lap, but he pulls a bit more time. Next thing I see him walking back up the trail, another flat! I am leading now, time to ease off and bring in then points!
I am leading the NPS now, mad stuff……not sure if I’ll make it to # 3, so I’ll have to finish 4,5 & 6 to go for the overall!



My first win!

The slippy river crossing

Evan and Richi chase hard

No comments: